Sunday, October 24, 2010

Uutuku

Here it is, my guilty pleasure & restaurant 4 of 4 -- Uutuku. It means "tiny" in the Iñupiaq language.


It might have started off tiny, but I'm fairly certain it keeps a solid flow of business today. I say it's a guilty pleasure because I do more business with them than the waistline or the wallet should. They know me by name. Actually, they know me by name at Empress too. I like them both for slightly different dishes and different times of day.


Notice the hours? Uutuku's niche is the late night crowd. I think I got started with them during the summer when I work much later hours. Then, their French fries hooked me. Everyone has their favorite style of fries, and for me, Uutuku's is the best in town. Another hit with me is their chicken fried rice.


Since it's delivery or pick-up only, there's the styrofoam waste that always makes you feel guilty - especially here where there is no community recycling of any kind. It's also on the pricy end, and you might have noticed my two favorite items were fried, so I try to limit myself. Try.

I mentioned that they know me by name, but that's not such a telling thing necessarily. It is, after all, a small place. Also, the Koreans who run these restaurants are extremely hard working and customer service oriented - something you don't find in many other places here!


This is the inside of Uutuku, which as you can see is a little store that sells convenience foods and odds and ends.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment