Friday, October 22, 2010

Snow Here to Stay

After a couple of days of steady snowfall, today was clear and just plain beautiful. There was some evidence of snow melt around town, but I think what's on the ground is here to stay. It looks like there are a few sunny days ahead, but temperatures are cool and more snow is forecast for next week.

The snow makes such a difference. Just throw on a layer of snow and even a pile of junk can look pretty! The whole town looks a little softer and cleaner.



Kids have been enjoying the snow, and it was just in time for their time off for inservice the last two days. I came home to this almost snowman outside my apartment building yesterday. I'm assuming it was made by the kids that often play in our parking lot.

Today after work I went down to the beach and got a few pictures.


This spot overlooks the beach and is where we had our "Camp Willow" just over two months ago.


The beach is covered by a layer of snow.


The beach on the south end of town faces a deeper, less protected body of water, so you don't see sheets of ice yet, but parts of the beach build up a berm of ice chunks that float up at high tide.



Ice with a layer of snow. The snow that was coming down yesterday afternoon had huge flakes. I tried taking a picture on my way home from work, but you can't really see how big they are.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment