Tuesday, October 26, 2010

EZMart

I've covered Kotzebue restaurants recently, but to be fair I should throw in the convenience food. Believe it or not, this tiny, frozen town has a 24-hr convenience store.


If you get a craving for an expensive soda (or "pop"as it's called here), this is where you can go. There are two walls lined with drink coolers. As with everything here they're expensive, but sometimes there are products I've never seen before. Since when did sodas come in hybrid can/bottle containers?


For other priorities here such as keeping vehicles running or entertaining yourself in the middle of winter, just visit this shelf. There was actually a Smallville DVD, just a few episodes from season 5, but for $13! I noticed they were all a little dusty....


The convenience food includes the only sushi in town.


Sushi's not even close to a regular in my diet, but I've heard from some connoisseurs that it will do if you're desperate.


I have to say, this was only my 2nd brief visit to EZMart. On warm days it seems to be kind of a hangout for the younger crowd, and it's right across the street from the grocery store anyway.


Granted the grocery store isn't open in the middle of the night, but that would have to be some craving for a "pop" to get me into boots, quilted overalls, gloves, hat and scarf to walk several blocks to get to it!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment