Saturday, October 2, 2010

Test Drive

Ok, this is what I've been waiting for...iPod with camera for instantaneous blogging (at least when I have wi fi)

To date, if I wanted to include photos in the blog post - and let's face it, that's what everyone wants - I had to have my camera with me, transfer photos to computer (which meant I had to wait 'till I was home if I wasn't), and wait for my slow processor and website to upload the photos to blogger. There have been numerous times that i just gave up or ditched the blog because the news was old by the time i git to it.

Now, with the iPod 4, I can take pictures, start writing my post, and publish as soon as I have wi fi -- all from the same, super portable device. So you see, it's a sacrifice that I'm making for you, my host of readers!

I read the reviews before, and I know that substantial camera quality was sacrificed for device size (it's very slim), but I think the quality will be good enough to get the idea across and will be a worthwhile tradeoff.

This post is my test drive. I got my device all set up today while I stayed inside and read. It was the perfect day for it being cold, drizzly & gray. So, while it was syncing away, I curled up next to Smoky to read some more of Cold by Bill Streever (appropriate title, no?). It's a very good book that discusses the phenomenon of cold through science, history, literature, and personal anecdotes. Friends & family, let me know if you'd like to read it; I'll send it to you when I'm done. Anyway, here's a picture of the book...taken on this iPod late in the evening, not with the best lighting, but that's what I had to work with at the moment. I'll try to find something better soon, although tomorrow promises to be just as miserable.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment