Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

It's Halloween morning, 10:00, and it's still twilight outside.  The sun won't fully be up for another 40 minutes.  We're down to about 7.5 hours of sunlight now.  If yesterday was any indication, though, it will be fairly overcast today...might make for some spooky trick-or-treating indeed.  Costumes had better be warm because it's a toasty 10 degrees outside (-4 with wind chill). 

I've heard rumors of a haunted house and a dance.  The dance doesn't sound like much fun, but I'll try to find out more about the haunted house, might be interesting.  I wasn't much of a fan of them as a kid.  My neighber is having a get-together tonight - baking pizzas and playing games with NPS staff and some others.  That will probably be my entertainment.

My luggage did find its way back to me, so I'll try to get more pictures around town although they don't really do it justice.  Pictures just look like a landscape of white; it's more impressive in person.  There are about 5 - 7 inches of snow on the ground right now, but it's all from about a week ago.  Much of it is starting to look dirty.  We need another fresh layer!  Apparently there's usually much more by this time.  I keep hearing that we're being eased into this winter; maybe it's for my benefit.

So far my ATV is still starting up just fine, but it probably won't be long before I roll it into the conex to stay there the rest of the winter.  The store here sells some plastic sleds, so I'll get one of those to cart home any groceries or boxes from the mail.  By the way, I didn't win the snow machine raffle.

At work I'll have another busy week this next week.  The boss is back in town after a few weeks, then I'll finally make it to Noorvik (maybe, nothing can be certain).  After that, it should slow down a little.  I won't have any school visits for a while.  We will be moving our offices, though, during the week of 12/14 and will officially open on 12/19.  That should provide some chaos for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment