Sunday, February 13, 2011

Holiday Break, Plus Some

Once again I've fallen off the blog wagon and have to climb back on. The last time I wrote I was in the air headed to Las Vegas, and then...silence. It has been a source of concern for some, but in this case it's true that, "No news is good news." My first trip to Vegas was good -- good conference, enjoyable enough time -- but I wouldn't want to live there!


One good thing about the trip was that I decided that since most people let themselves go in Vegas (gambling, buffets, etc.), I would do just the opposite. I made good food choices and started a workout regime which has now become a habit. Change is slow and not always obvious, but it is happening.

I was back in town just a couple of busy weeks before taking some personal leave. It had been 2 years since a visit to Antonio's family (and his gravesite) in Honduras, and I hadn't spent a Christmas day with my family since 2002, so I did both. It was a fast trip, and I heard all the way around that I wasn't spending enough time, but I suppose that's better than being told I stayed too long! I'll write more on those visits later -- good pics from Honduras & great time with the best nephew ever!

Two days after returning to OTZ, I was back in the classroom and working on our websites. I finally got some time to ski on the weekends.


I had a couple weeks of dog-sitting. I started working on my New Year's resolution:


Yes, knitting! More on that later as well. Between settling back into the work routine and adding in skiing, knitting, working out, and cooking more, I've been neglecting my social media obligations!

At the moment, I'm out of town again, have a slight break in activity and so will try to begin to catch up. Last week I was in Washington D.C. for work.


Of course any time I can get my way paid out of the state, it's nice to tag on a personal trip, which I have -- to Michigan to visit family. I begin to head back tomorrow night.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment