Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kids Playing on the Bank

After seeing the video clip of the birches in the wind in my last post, I realize the quality of the upload is terrible.  It's a little wobbly, and the sound's not great in the raw video, but it's useless on here.  Sorry if you took the time to load and watch it.

I'm hoping this one will be better.  I took this the first evening in Ambler.  Holly and I went out to pick up some rocks and get some sand to use in some of our lessons.  A few kids were out playing and tagged along.  I think we had 8 or so with us down by the river.  They loved picking up rocks with us, digging in little "caves" along the bank, finding shells, and rolling down the bank in the sand.  They could have done that all night.  When we headed back to the school, they followed all the way to the school building.

It's refreshing to see kids outside playing here.  They get dirty, but I don't think they're ever bored.  The schools may have unique issues to deal with, but the kids have a foundation to build on in science because they're outside and observe.  They can have fun with simple things.  I got a chuckle out of watching them.  Maybe you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment